Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Very First Blog Post - Amy's Friday Sketch #44!


Welcome to my very first blog post. Miss Magoo's Creations is a way to share my creative journey with everyone. Miss Magoo is my cat, who was named in honor of my Grandfather. My nickname growing up was Erin-Magoo, and it seemed only fitting that if my sidekick was to be a cat that her name be Magoo. Grandpa is one of the reasons that my creativity sparked when I was little, and once I found my niche in paper crafting I found my talent was exploding.

Throughout the last year I've gone from just very simple cards with rub-on statements to what you see here. I've found and read daily so many inspirational blogs that I could not keep myself from joining the blog-o-sphere! My very first RSS feed ever was to a blog named Prairie Paper and Ink written by the talented Amy Rysavy. So to thank her for all of the inspiration she continues to give me, I've created my own version of her Friday Sketch! (And made it my very first post! Thanks Amy!)



The whole card started with a color inspiration from Basic Grey's Gypsy 6x6 Paper Pad. I am in love with anything Basic Grey and this was no exception. To make a base for the very cute Strawberry from Papertrey Ink's My Punny Valentine to live on I used my new Slice tool from Making Memories! (I got it for Christmas and have found a use for it almost every day!) The white and yellow card stock was cut with a shape from the Noteworthy collection, white is at 2.5 inches and the yellow at 3 inches.


The strawberry was stamped in two colors from Technique Tuesday's Spring Flowers ink collection. The berry was stamped in Cherry Blossom and the top in Leaf. Once stamped I used Stickles (One of my favorite things!) to give the berry a little extra bling! A little bit of American Craft's and Basic Grey ribbon underneath, and several flowers finished off with self-adhesive Candy Dots from Pebbles Inc. finished the look! I think this will make a perfect Valentines Day card for my Grandma! She'll be so excited!

Supplies

Stamps:
- My Punny Valentine - Papertrey Ink
Ink:
- Cherry Blossom, Leaf - Technique Tuesday
Cardstock:
- Basic Grey 6x6 Paper Pad - Gypsy
- Yellow and white scraps from my stash
Other:
- Flowers - From my own stash, Making Memories, I think.
- Ribbon - American Crafts, Basic Grey
- Candy Dots - Pebbles Inc.
- Making Memories Slice - Noteworthy Collection

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous! those colors are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I'm so honored!!! Congrats on starting your blog and good luck! Thanks for playing along with my sketch and hopefully I'll "see" you more often now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...