Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Little Sunshine

Today's post is just a bit of fun I decided to have on Friday night after spending ALL day in bed with the most wicked headache.  I finally got to feeling normal around 9:30P and sat down to do a bit of coloring.  I'd seen the Bellariffic Friday's sketch for October 10th and thought I'd give it a shot.



So I took the Uptown Girl - Audrey Loves Her Makeup and colored her using my prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits.  I fussy cut her and sandwiched her between two pieces of acetate.  The frame was made in the card front in both pieces using the Taylored Expressions - Frame it Up 2 die.   I placed the patterned paper on the front of the card temporarily - and die cut both pieces at once to ensure it would be accurate.  Then before adhering the patterned paper (My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing) to the card base I added Audrey between the two pieces of acetate.  This created a beautiful window that would show the sentiment on the inside of the card.


I was able to draw a clean black line around the frame to accentuate the shape just a bit.  To do so, I fit the die back into the window and use a thin black marker to trace around the die. I think it adds just a bit extra. 


The inside of the card ready "Some days you just have to create your own sunshine" and is from another Uptown Girl pair - Sunny is Stylish.



I think she turned out lovely!  Thank you all for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...