Thursday, September 25, 2014

Step by Step - Happy Birthday!

I thought I'd share a card that I recently made - I have to admit I thought it would take me less than 20 minutes to and ended up taking me much longer.  I'm what you would call a perfectionist, and you know when you get to the very last point and attempt to put the stamp on the back saying something to the tune of "made with love" - that's when you get that stray mark on the otherwise perfect white piece of card stock.  So at the end of this you'll see two cards, one has just a bit of a smudge on the backside of the card.


The super nice part about the dye inks from Papertrey Ink is that they're somewhat transparent.  So you stamp the first as you see here: 


And then when you stamp the following colors - you can see through them and they mix nicely to create other colors.  At first I was terrified of this technique, I'm such a perfectionist that mixing colors or crossing colors made me twitch, but once I tried it it was super neat!  You just have to find the correct inks and colors.  


Once I was okay with the colors - I stamped the happy from the set.  And to be honest it was stamped more than once in the Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger.  I wanted it dark over all that color.   Not pictured was I did the same thing with the Birthday sentiment from the same set. 


On the inside of the card I did a mini-version using the smaller paint splotches and the heart from the Wet Paint set.  All black ink was given a touch of class with some Wink of Stella clear.


Here's a close up of the results!  I was super happy with how this came out - the colors ended up so vibrant don't you think?


Thanks for visiting today -- if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comments section below!  Happy Thursday!!!




Supplies
Paper:
Stamps:
Ink: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...