Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lasso My Heart


So for Bombshell Stamps first contest they posted these rules (all details and the prize can be found here):

1) Sparkly rhinestones or pearls are a must.

2) Includes a heart (either broken or unbroken)

4) Ribbon!

3) Has to have one of their fabulous stamps.

Here's my entry-

As I have done all week, use recycled items or things that I have. Here is no exception. The book is actually made from cardboard I "borrowed" from a box at work that was already going to be recycled. I cut it to 6 x 6 and then covered it in Fancy Pants Sweet Spring (Shelby), however instead of using the striped side, I used the yellow back. The yellow ribbon is actually iridescent with a hint of pink that I had in my stash. I ran that across the front along with some hot pink satin ribbon. The pretty pink Bombshell Cowgirl is stamped on PTI White Shimmer cardstock and then cut out. She is sitting on a scrap piece of cream cardstock that is stamped with the barbed wire that comes with the set. (My boyfriend asked if she was standing in a wrestling ring because of the optical illusion I inadvertently created.) The lasso is just some twine tied into a lasso and circling two felt hearts from Making Memories.

All in all it makes for a cute little journal. What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...