Monday, January 26, 2009

The Lil' Dude

For today I decided to keep the card very simple, and I wanted to use the stamp that I call the Lil' Dude. Its actually a stamp that I purchased a while back that I feel I under-use. If I had my way, this cute little guy would be all over. I'm absolutely in love with him! He actually on the actual stamp has a phrase that says "Talk Nerdy To Me", which if you know me ... you know I'm a nerd. This stamp reminded me of my boyfriend when I bought it, I just have yet to use it in something for him.


Anyway, my other goal for the entire week is to use things that I have in my scrap paper bin. You know what bin I'm talking about ladies! The one where you put the paper because it was not cheap to buy and you may use the scraps someday. Well I went through and organized mine tonight by color... and felt really guilty still throwing even the smallest scraps away. So I'm determined to use them when creating the masterpieces for the week.

So for this card I kept it simple. It's an 4.25" by 5.5" (A2) card that I simply cut a piece of cream cardstock at 3.75" by 5" and then some very pretty paper from Scenic Route from a couple of seasons ago cut to 3.5" by 4.75". I chalked the edges of the Scenic Route paper with an olive green and added a piece of olive ribbon. The Thank You is from Technique Tuesday's Simple Sentiments set and is embossed in black.


The circles for my Lil' Dude are cut using my Slice, the green is at 2.5" and the white at 2". The stamp itself is by Inkadinkado and is titled "Talk Nerdy To Me". It is colored in with my new Tombo Markers colors 942 and 743 for his ears. (They were cheaper than Copic's but allowed me to try out the marker aspect of stamping.) I'm actually quite proud of how well it came out. I think when I used this stamp for my cousins birthday card, I used crayons! It looks much better now.

All and all, a pretty simple design. Looking back on it I would tie the ribbon into a bow to make it more appealing and balanced.

What do you think?

Supplies:

Cardstock:
-Bazzil Basics
-Scenic Route

Stamps:
- "Talk Nerdy To Me" - Inkadinkado
- Simple Sentiments - Technique Tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...