Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just A Little Note - Lauren's Sketch (mytimess21)


So I attended Papertrey Ink's release party this last month and one of the posters was Lauren. She was talking about posting her first video, so I decided to check out her blog and I loved it. She has some wonderful ideas! This week's sketch I think was for a Design Team that she is a member of, but I wanted to give it a whirl. So here it is!


So it's more of a scrappy card, following my mantra this week of using the scraps that I have. The stamps up in the upper right are actually embellishments that I put together myself. They're Tim Holtz Acrylic Fragments over Stamp Stickers made by Rebecca Sower but I think they're long out of print. I followed a video tutorial from Tim's site on how to use the Acrylic blocks to create custom embellishments. There is very little stamping as part of the card, but again... I'm running low on stamp sets I haven't shown you all. (But I'll get some new stuff soon! Promise!) Okay, so then I just used a little scrap of My Mind's Eye, Bohemia line as well as a pink piece of Bazzill basic cardstock.

The flowers are from my stash, some Making Memories others from Kaiser Scrapbook. The Rhinestones are from My Mind's Eye, Bohemia Collection as well. Again super simple, and I'm still not in love with it... but I'm sure it will grow on me.

What do you think? What would you change about it?

Supplies:

Cardstock:
- Bazzill Basic
- Bohemia - Cherish - My Mind's Eye

Stamps:
-Technique Tuesday - Simple Sentiments

Embellishments:
- Making Memories - Flowers
- American Crafts Ribbon
- Acrylic Fragments - Tim Holtz
- Paper Flowers - Kaiser Crafts




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...