Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hearts and Flowers


So I was so excited at the beginning of the week that my new PTI stamps came in that I forgot to post! Jeez! (I've also been focusing intently on all of the reporting from CHA, amazing stuff huh?) Well anyway it's late and I figured I'd get this up before I went to bed.

Again, keeping with the theme of the week, I've used only scraps and extra embellishments from other projects. This is a simple scrappy card that is in response to a challenge on Paper Craft Planet. It's super simple and seems a bit messy, the picture is a bit off. My boyfriend called it country. I liked the sketch, and I may try it again. But it was super simple, scraps of blue and cream cardstock make up the base. The heart was cut with my Slice from a My Mind's Eye line called Tres Jolie titled Baby Boy Plaid. The felt blue flower is Making Memories, and the top white daisy is from Kaiser Crafts. The brad is from Creative Cafe. The ribbon is Basic Grey from the Urban Couture line. (It was kind of elastic, in fact it was a piece of elastic! I think I stretched it too much.) The sentiment stamp is from the PTI Remember Stamp Set.


The whole card took me maybe fifteen minutes, which is why I think I'll be taking a mulligan. But not tonight... it's late and I'm tired. Here's the sketch if anyone else wants to try out. The rules can be found on the Paper Craft Planet web page (you'll have to sign up, but it is pretty awesome! Like a Facebook for paper-crafters!). The prize will be provided by the lovely Gina K and all entries must be in by January 30th on the Paper Craft Planet gallery. (Sketch SK12409)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...