Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scrap Tuesday

So for today's post I decided to use only scraps! Now the idea to do this
came from my laziness... I just got done at the gym where my personal trainer kicked my butt, and then proceeded to write "I Live 2 Lift" in the snow on the hood of my car. Needless to say I was pretty tired when I sat down to make this card last night, but with all that I like the look. The plus side to this is that I was able to use up something that was just sitting around... the down side I can't really tell you much about the supplies. I have a very good guess as to the origins of all of the components. Here we go!

For the card I used what I seem to remember as My Mind's Eye Bohemia paper layered on top of a dark brown Bazzill cardstock. The two hearts are chipboard cut from the Cuttlebug (I'm almost positive they were part of a kit I got at a class I attended at Capture.) I dyed them pink using Technique Tuesday's Coral Bells from their Spring Flowers Ink pad kit. I then embossed them with what I thought was really cool glitter... but when I actually READ the label I found that it was actually embossing powder. I was thrilled! That meant that I got to use the embossing gun that I got from Hobby Lobby! (One of my many crafting Mecca's, and EVERYTHING always seems to be half off) I got a pretty cool holographic look that I wasn't expecting.

I then stamped a very simple sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Loves Me, Loves Me Not stamp set on a piece of scrap white cardstock out of the same Coral Bells ink. And then just played with all of the pieces. The pink strip was added to break up the dark brown, and is spotted with a heart from the same Technique Tuesday stamp set. The corners were rounded and the card was done! Hooray!

Supplies:
Cardstock:
Bazzill Basic
My Mind's Eye - Bohemia Line - Cherish
Stamps and Ink:
Technique Tuesday - Spring Flowers Inkpads
Technique Tuesday - Loves Me, Loves Me Not Stamps
Stampendous! - Stamp-N-Stuff Embossing Powder - Kaleidoscope


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...