Sunday, March 1, 2009
Saturday Cinema Challenge - Bride & Prejudice
This weeks Saturday Cinema Challenge provided me a unique opportunity, I'd never seen the movie before. Bride and Prejudice is a Bollywood film that ended up being very cute! So here's my entry:
My main inspiration was a sari that was worn during one of the scenes that was red and gold. It was beautiful and so glamorous! From there it was a trip to Hobby Lobby to find everything that I could have possibly needed. I found these gold medallions in the jewelry section and that was a springboard for everything else. The butterflies are because there were so many colors throughout the movie, and with the dancing it reminded me of butterflies. I haven't added a sentiment to the card yet because there are so many uses I figured I'd personalize it when I figured out what I'd use it for.
For the front:
1. The card base is 5" x 7" pre-made red card by American Crafts. On top of that is a piece of gold velum that I stamped with the circular stamp from Basic Grey's Whisper polymer stamp set. The embossing powder was a bright red to match the cardstock base. I finished off the center of each stamp with a little rhinestone flower from Marcella K.
2. Layered on top of that is a piece of PTI True Black cardstock (5" x 3.5") lined with gold metallic marker, followed up by PTI Pure Poppy also lined with metallic gold marker.
3. There is a gold ribbon, then I used my threader to thread some metallic shiny red ribbon that I had in my spares bin through the jewelry medallions. They are tied together in the center with a simple knot.
4. The butterflies are from Bombshell Stamps "Butterfly Queen" set and are stamped on cream cardstock from my scraps and embossed with three different colors, black, red and then gold. (I don't know that I invented the technique by any means, I was just playing around... no formal stamp training.) That is put on a piece of PTI True Black. Both are edged with a gold metallic marker.
5. I added bling where bling was due, mainly in the corners of all of my layers.
For the Inside:
1. Another piece of gold vellum cut to 4.75" x 6.75". In the two upper corners a bit of red embossing. The stamps are from the same Basic Grey Whisper's stamp set.
2. A strip of PTI True Black followed by a strip of PTI Pure Poppy.
3. On top of that came another piece of gold ribbon and a medallion.
Thanks to Sankari and Brooke for another great challenge! And thank you for stopping by!