Saturday, September 12, 2009

Little Deuce Coupe

So last week the lovely Kathi from the Bombshell Stamps Design team posed a challenge that I couldn't resist: create a project using song lyrics and Bombshell Stamps. Couldn't pass this up! And to top it off Shannon had just sent me two car themed stamp sets (King of the Road and Pinstriping). I once again, as always, immediately thought of my dad, and with old cars and my dad it has to be the Beach Boys! So here it is, my Little Deuce Coupe:


The car is stamped on PTI Stamper Select White using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. It is then colored with Copics (yes, I only have red ones at the moment, at least when it comes to car colors... but that will soon change!) I then used a technique that I had never used before! I used my Glossy Accents to give the red paint a high gloss, spent all Saturday waxing it type finish. Super neat, and it turned out with no bubbles or errant cat hairs!

I think it turned out really well! So now it is time to pose a question to my ever growing loyal readers... I need to do a tutorial, and I'm thinking along the lines of how to color a Bombshell ala Miss Magoo. What do you think? Is there something on your blog that you've been dying to try but weren't sure how to start? I have to admit I'm quite the novice myself... but I'm getting pretty good with my Prismacolor pencils as well as my Copics. You let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great card. I love that you used my song lyric challenge as inspiration.

    I really like the glossy look you got from the Glossy Accents. Nifty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...