Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Last Two Months Flew By

Wow the months have flown - and I have been crafting the whole time and not sharing with you.  For that I apologize.  I'll begin sharing now!!  I've been crafting with an amazing group of ladies on A Lil' Scrap of Heaven.  If you're looking for a place that hosts fun and challenging swaps, this is your place.  I've taken part in several swaps, one of which was a Chocolate Box Swap.  Where the task is to decorate a chocolate box and fill it with goodies.  Here's what I made for my swap partner:


I started out by painting it with metallic champagne paint around the edges and on 1" around the top.  On the top of the box I painted block of metallic rose paint and then hand died some lace with Lindy's Stamp Gang Black Orchid Silver Starburst spray.  I then lined the pink box with balsa wood stained with the same Lindy's.

 I then used a pewter frame with a vintage image to make a focal point and surrounded that with hand dyed flowers, and custom made roses.  A couple of sprays of bling and handmade stick pins finished it off.


Isn't it lovely?  She loved every bit of it - it was a whole days work, but an amazing project.

What have you been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...