Sunday, September 28, 2014

Hello September - Altenew September Challenge

Welcome back!  I've spent most of my Sunday attempting to mentally prepare myself for next week. For some reason work has been extremely busy - to the point where I'm pretty sure my brain is mush when I get home.  I'm just now starting to feel normal -- and tomorrow is Monday, not sure who designed all of this - but the weekend should be much longer.  I'm sure you all can agree.

In any case, today's post is a bit special for me. About two weeks ago I was taking a mental break and happened upon the Altenew company on Simon Says Stamp - its been a long time since a company was able to captivate me as much as this one did.  There's something fresh in their designs made me want all of their stamp sets.  I'd like to introduce them as well if you've not already visited their blog - you can find it here.

Today's post is an answer to their September Challenge: From the Craft Room:


Here's my entry:


Everyone else had submitted a card - and every submission was so beautiful!  But I thought I'd mix it up.  The last Sunday of every month I put together my project life page for that month.  I only do one spread per month, and because I don't have children of my own -- I don't think everyone wants to see a weekly spread mostly about work. 


In this case I mixed in some of the cards from my Studio Calico kits - and the yellow paper is Webster's Pages, the woodgrain is My Mind's Eye.


I had a card that had repeated text diagonally - in this case I used the Sentiments & Greetings stamp set to make my text for my lil' Hawai'i Princesses.  They're my best friends children and I love to include them when I can - as I live in Colorado I don't see them often, but it is fun to watch them grow on facebook.


Thought it would be cool to make a title card as well using a stamp from the Thoughts & Reminders set.  I stamped it on velum using Stazon Jet Black ink and then layered it on top of a card from a previous Studio Calico Project Life kit. 


The title page is also a good use of a stamp that was made originally for a card - I'm all about having multiple uses for things.  This was just stamped in Pear Tart Momento ink and then outlined in black pen. 


I was also able to build in some backgrounds using the Dodecagram set - stamped in PTI Smokey Shadow dye ink and Pear Tart Momento Ink.


Well, that's it - what do you all think?   Head on over to the challenge site to see what the other amazing folks were able to pull together using these dynamic stamp sets. Thank you all for visiting - may you be blessed with a calm week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...