Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Organizing all those Project Life Cards


As promised I wanted to share with you one of the things that has helped me stay organized with all of those 3x4 and 4x6 Project Life/Pocket Scrapbooking cards.   In August I took a course from Studio Calico called Workspace - well worth the $15 spent.  With that class I learned about how I think, what I buy, what I keep and how I work best.  

The storage container is the Large Journaling Card Caddy from Organize More - took about 4 weeks to get, but totally worth it.  Its made of wood, and comes painted white.  The dividers you see there are removable making room for the 4x6 cards you see in the back left and right. 


I've found that when everything I have is well organized, then I can be more productive over all.  I used to keep all of my project life cards stored in one of the drawers in my JetMax cubes, but I found myself shuffling through endless decks of cards to find the card that I know I got as part of a kit four months ago - now I can look by color which makes things much easier.  


The Workspace class had a digital file for the Silhouette that I used to make the dividers that you see below.  I used only the colors that coordinated with my craft room.   Each divider has a specific set of colors - for colors that were more abundant I was able to break them down.



For example, I could have lumped ALL the green into one category but I've broken it down into green, lime green and blue green to help me separate a bit more.   There are also spots for title cards, multi-colored cards (those cards with so many colors its hard to categorize them) and then specialty cards.  

Organizing the cards that I currently own makes my monthly Project Life projects less frustrating as I no longer have to struggle to find what I'm looking for.  AND by knowing what I have, I'm able to stand in my local scrapbooking store and ask myself "Do I really need this?".  If you're looking at your space wondering what you can do to make it work for you - whether it is big or small I highly recommend the Workspace class from Studio Calico.

Thank you all for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...