Thursday, October 2, 2014

Believe in the Good of Everything - Super Quick Card Idea!

So today I wanted to share a quick technique that I thought I'd try.  I took one of the patterned stamps from the Altenew Dodecagram set (the line drawing stamp right above the thank you and celebrate stamps you see pictured below).

Instead of stamping it just once in each spot, each time using a different color of Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers and Spiced Marmalade) rotate that stamp ever so slightly keeping the center lined up with each impression to get the awesome pattern you see below.   I'm pretty sure that this technique would work with any of the mini Distress ink sets from Ranger, all of the colors seem to be coordinated for you.

I didn't really measure - and they're by no means perfect but I was thrilled with the result:


A little closer reveals just how cool the colors look together, and how amazing the pattern is.  I'm in love with Geometric Stamps!!!


The "Believe in the Good of Everything" sentiment is one that you saw in the post on Sunday, this phrase is resonating with me at the current moment. I'm almost using it as more of a mantra at this point.  Don't know about everyone else, but this week has been a gigantic ball of stress smeared with thick layers of work and topped with exhaustion sprinkles...

Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...